Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Joomla Server & JSAS - WOW!

• Re: Joomla Server & JSAS - WOW!

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • I agree Dave. This is by far the best of the bunch and the easiest to use! Glad you had no troubles running it.

Mike

• Sounds great, I am looking forward to test this out.

Do you have a url for the download ?
    • My company site
      Vedi Design - Joomla CMS

• Robert,

BROKEN LINK REMOVED

Cheers,

Mike
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Bob Ateah
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Joomla Server & JSAS - WOW!

• I've been using JSAS (Joomla Stand Alone Server) for quite some time and it works very well - I'll have a look at RJS, I too noticed it at the Joomla extensions page.

:)
    • The member formerly known as Roland Deschain
      After your question is solved, please Edit your original post and choose the Solved message icon, thank you!

• Ravenswood Joomla Server

Yep...!!! This is working very well, the best one I ever have used..
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• I spent most of the morning (off on Labor Day) downloading my Dev sites and will now work on them using Joomla Server - Yippee! Mostly I'm just playing right now - but when nother serious job comes, just look out!

OK, ready? Put your thumb and second fingers together, roll your eyes back into your head, let your jaw drop open, take deep breath and say, "Joommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmla!"

Of course I backed up everything before I started, just in case. Joomla Dev will never be the same!

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • Barbara

• Thank you Dave

very very very nice post

just getting ready to install it

was thinking

for online experimentation purposes dave (excuse me bad habit of typing in just lowercase)

why not just make a subdomain (directory) from your main domain

subdomain.yourdomain.com

most hosting packages include this feature --

just a thought ;)

and thanks for saving me from installing a lamp or amp

barb
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• I use sub-domains, Barbara. Actually, I have 6 right now - plus three dedicated dev sites. I do most of my experimenting and dev on the sub-domains.

dave :)
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Roland Deschain wrote:
      I've been using JSAS (Joomla Stand Alone Server) for quite some time and it works very well - I'll have a look at RJS, I too noticed it at the Joomla extensions page.

:)

Wow! Now I have two Joomla Server configurations. The Joomla Serve uses virtual drive W: and I set JSAS to drive Y:

I haevn't really used JSAS yet, but it seems like a very nice setup. Easy to install, that's all I know, so far. I'm impressed! More comment tomorrow.
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• OK, after installing JSAS three times, I finally managed to get it to work. Joomla Server worked the first time, however...

...The challenge might have been the newer version of PHPMyAdmin. It is a little different than the one in Joomla Server. Once I saw what the sequence was, I was able to get the site up - sort of.

With JSAS, I did have to go into the content, menu items and such and reset the links to my machine, rather than the web address paths. I did have to do that in Joomla Server, but a whole lot less (all in JSAS, two in Joomla Server). It seems that Joomla Server changed most of the links for me. JASA didn't - maybe I didn't hold my mouth in the correct position.

Where as Joomla Server seemed easier to install (JSAS was easy too, but not AS easy).

Joomla Server has it's menu of features in the Taskbar (when running) and JSAS has some kind of interface.

JSAS allows you to set the virtual Drive (set to Y:). I didn't see that for Joomla Server (both default to W:) - it may exist, don't know yet.

JSAS has a Wizard-like feature that lets you create up to five Joomla sites from scratch. That is a great feature, especially for the novice user. I didn't see taht for Joomla server. I had to do that manually.

If I wanted to get up quickly, Joomla Server might be my choice. If I was a novice, starting to build a site from scratch, I might go with JSAS, but since the verdict is still out for me (both apps are stiil new to me), I will still try them both for a while.

Can anyone else fill in the gaps that I left?

dave
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by .

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds